CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Details of The Daily 5...

Are you ready?  I know I am!  The Daily Five book study for grades 1 - 3 starts today!  I have read the book and last year I even taught the lessons.  We built our stamina, learned about choosing books that fit just right ( I loved the shoe lesson!), and practiced each part.  Yet,somehow we never got to the independent part.  Maybe its our large class size, we have 24-26 students,no para.  Maybe it was my need for control?  I'm not sure but this year I am determined that we will be complete Daily Fivers!  I can't wait to join the book study that can be found here...

I am hoping that maybe there are others who struggled with how to organize the kiddos as they participate in their own learning.  Details is what I need....such as, how many activities do you have available for Work on Words and how do you make the materials available?  My class did Read to Self all together last year and I have to say I liked it.  It really made it possible for me to get all those pesky assessments done!  FAIR,fluency checks, and sight word checks.  UGH...all one on one.  How do you get it all done with no help?  The Daily Five of course!
So grab your book and a cup of coffee and share the details of how you do Daily Five in your classroom. I can't wait to learn!

Sandy


No comments:

Post a Comment